[oe] progress on OE organization issues

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at vanille-media.de
Wed Jun 10 13:11:57 UTC 2009

> As for the last bullet point, what is the status of membership for
> those of us without commit access? I seem to have seen mixed signals
> wether we are invited to be member of the e.V.  Some messages
> indicates that only people with commit access are going to be
> accepted, while others (like mickey) request all interested in OE to
> join the e.V.

One of the major purposes of the e.V. is being able to raise funds to give
people a chance to improve the spots in OE where we are weak. The idea of a
self-chosen membership fee was to invite companies who have a certain benefit
from OE giving back in the form of tax-excemptible membership fees and
donations.

Most e.V. associations have the notion of 'active' and 'passive' members --
both which are equal stakeholders interested in supporting the association
through their contributions. I consider active members being the committers
contributing through code, docs, etc. and passive members being the ones who
rather want to contribute in monetary form.

By being a member, you have the rights to vote when it comes to decisions that
influence the future of the OE.

> Could someone put a small statement on Wiki on this?

We should, if the board agrees with that.

:M: