[oe] How to avoid multiple bb files being built with classpath recipe

Elvis Dowson elvis.dowson at mac.com
Mon Jun 15 16:16:39 UTC 2009

Hi,
	I have copied the classpath recipe folder to my user.collection
folder and set DEFAULT_PREFERENCE="1" for classpath_0.97.2.bb.

I get an error message saying that multiple bb files are due to be
built which each provide classpath. How can I prevent this?

Please help! I'm stuck with this issue and cannot build the RXTX
library due to errors with classpath recipe. It also pulls in a lot of
xorg packages and recipes which I don't think is needed for RXTX to
work.

Best regards,

Elvis

[elvis at zeus overo-oe]$ bitbake classpath
NOTE: Handling BitBake files: \ (6912/6912) [100 %]
NOTE: Parsing finished. 6640 cached, 0 parsed, 272 skipped, 2 masked.
NOTE: Cache is clean, not saving.
NOTE: multiple providers are available for classpath (classpath,
classpath-minimal);
NOTE: consider defining PREFERRED_PROVIDER_classpath
NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies
NOTE: multiple providers are available for virtual/javac-native (ecj-
bootstrap-native, openjdk-javac-native);
NOTE: consider defining PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/javac-native
NOTE: multiple providers are available for virtual/java-native (cacao-
native, jamvm-native);
NOTE: consider defining PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/java-native
NOTE: multiple providers are available for virtual/java-initial (cacao-
initial, jamvm-initial);
NOTE: consider defining PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/java-initial
NOTE: Preparing runqueue
ERROR: Multiple .bb files are due to be built which each provide
classpath (/tool/overo-oe/user.collection/recipes/classpath/
classpath_0.97.2.bb /tool/overo-oe/user.collection/recipes/classpath/
classpath-minimal_0.97.2.bb).
  This usually means one provides something the other doesn't and
should.