[oe] Help required to create recipe for FANN library

Leon Woestenberg leon.woestenberg at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 19:39:47 UTC 2009

Hello,

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 7:52 PM, Phil Blundell<philb at gnu.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-06-15 at 21:34 +0400, Elvis Dowson wrote:
>>       When building the FANN library, I get the following message:
>>
>> NOTE: Multiple libraries (libfann.so.2, libdoublefann.so.2,
>> libfixedfann.so.2, libfloatfann.so.2) found and LEAD_SONAME not defined
>>
>> What is the use of the LEAD_SONAME?
>
> You should probably ignore LEAD_SONAME; this mechanism seemed like a
> good idea at the time but with hindsight it was not such a clever plan.

In an OpenEmbedded world with new variables appearing at a weekly
rate, let's try to clean out those who were a bad idea in hindsight
:-)

If there is consensus on this (and this is reviewed by a few core
people) how about we do some refactoring to clean things up and have
LEAD_SONAME removed?

Regards,
--
Leon