[oe] Help required to create recipe for FANN library

Phil Blundell philb at gnu.org
Mon Jun 15 20:12:19 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-06-15 at 21:39 +0200, Leon Woestenberg wrote:
> If there is consensus on this (and this is reviewed by a few core
> people) how about we do some refactoring to clean things up and have
> LEAD_SONAME removed?

That would be nice: it'd be a bonus for the micro distribution in
particular.  Unfortunately, there are quite a few packages using it, and
it's moderately hard to eliminate without breaking backwards packaging
compatibility so this would be a fair amount of work.  Most notably,
both uclibc and glibc are currently blighted by its presence so almost
every distribution would be affected by that kind of change.

p.