[oe] glibc_2.6.1.bb - dangling symlink to /lib/libcidn-2.6.1.so

Phil Blundell philb at gnu.org
Wed Jun 17 22:32:44 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-06-17 at 18:25 -0400, Michael Smith wrote:
> You could also set:
>
> ASSUME_SHLIBS += "libgcc_s.so.1:libgcc"
>
> (cribbed from openwrt-sdk -- but I wonder if it should be global?)

This thing with the shlibs data for libgcc going missing is a
long-standing, intermittent yet annoying bug.  Ideally it would be nice
to figure out why it happens and stop it; I don't think there's any good
reason why libgcc's shlibs data should behave any different to any other
libraries.

I'd be a bit reluctant to add a global ASSUME_SHLIBS for this unless it
turns out that the underlying issue is really an intractable one and
there's some particular reason why it can't be fixed.

p.