[oe] update-rc.d: don't add runtime dependency if not doing online package management; only add it to ${PN} in any case.

Phil Blundell philb at gnu.org
Sat Jun 20 10:08:27 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-06-19 at 08:36 +0100, Phil Blundell wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-06-17 at 17:41 -0400, Denys Dmytriyenko wrote:
> > Any ideas why RDEPENDS_{PN} in "udev" recipe works, but RDEPENDS_udev doesn't?
> > It only happens with inherit update-rc.d.bbclass, which also changes
> > RDEPENDS_{PN}... I have the same issue with my own recipes, which I need to
> > fix similarly.
>
> It's a side effect of the way that overrides work in bitbake.

... and Chris Larson, being the great guy that he is, has now added a
check for this issue to recipe_sanity.bbclass.  If you have sanity
checking enabled, this situation will now elicit a diagnostic along the
lines of:

NOTE: glibc-2.9: recipe_sanity: rename of variable 'RPROVIDES_${PN}-dev'
to 'RPROVIDES_glibc-dev' overwrote existing value ' libc-dev' with
'libc6-dev virtual-libc-dev'.

which should make it easy to identify such issues in the future.  Thanks
Chris!

p.