[oe] Writing a test program for libserial

Elvis Dowson elvis.dowson at mac.com
Sun Jun 21 06:55:14 UTC 2009

Hi,
	I noticed that the error that I'm getting is a linker error:

| /tmp/cch3Qpaj.o:(.rodata._ZTIN9LibSerial12SerialStreamE[typeinfo for
LibSerial::SerialStream]+0x8): undefined reference to `typeinfo for
std::basic_iostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >'
| collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I also notice that libserial is called LibSerial::SerialStream. But my
overo-oe/tmp/staging/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/lib folder, I
have the files as:

libserial.a
libserial.la
libserial.so

In my bitbake recipe, I have specified

LDFLAGS_append += "-llibserial"

and in my

do_compile () {
    ${CXX} ${CXXFLAGS} ${LDFLAGS} ${WORKDIR}/read_port.cpp -o
libserial-test-read-port
}

So, shouldn't it be picking up libserial from the LDFLAGS?

Best regards,

Elvis