[oe] Building against a local git repo

Michael Smith msmith at cbnco.com
Thu Jun 25 02:05:59 UTC 2009

Hi,

I think in the past couple of months someone posted a trick for building
out of an existing source directory, so changes can easily be gathered up
and committed.

Basically, for local projects I'd like to occasionally break out of a
development cycle of (edit, commit, push, bitbake) * n and just do (edit,
bitbake) * n with a final commit and push at the end.

I remember the trick was being used for kernel development, and may have
involved mangling S or WORKDIR, but that's about it; hoping someone might
remember and save me some more hours scouring the archives :)

Thanks,
Mike