[oe] OMAP3530 bring-up (and installation of Angstrom)

Eric BENARD ebenard at free.fr
Thu Jun 25 20:29:57 UTC 2009

Hi Sergey,

Sergey Lapin a écrit :
> I have a new OMAP3530-based board which is totally empty.
> omapzoom tools recognize ASIC ID on serial port, so I think it should
> be possible
> to bring it up this way. Do anybody have some minimal testing program
> to flip some GPIO,
> or character on serial?

if you have a SDCard connector and can select it as a boot device using
the BOOTx signals of the OMAP3530, just try to boot it this way.
I recently bring up a OMAP3530 board using the SDCard and beagleboard's
x-load/u-boot & kernel as a basis with a few changes (8 bits NAND width
in my case for example).
You can try directly with the BeagleBoard's binaries, it should give you
some log :
http://elinux.org/BeagleBoard#MMC.2FSD_boot

Eric