[oe] Linux/Opie/Angstroem on Fujitsu Siemens Loox 420

harald ba0547 at bnv-bamberg.de
Wed Mar 4 19:27:56 UTC 2009

hello,

this cannot be enabled while using a gcc version below 4.0. The
following text is in kernel help

"Use the ARM EABI to compile the kernel (AEABI)

This option allows for the kernel to be compiled using the latest
ARM ABI (aka EABI). This is only useful if you are using a user
space environment that is also compiled with EABI.

Since there are major incompatibilities between the legacy ABI and
EABI, especially with regard to structure member alignment, this
option also changes the kernel syscall calling convention to
disambiguate both ABIs and allow for backward compatibility support
(selected with CONFIG_OABI_COMPAT).

To use this you need GCC version 4.0.0 or later."

Used the kernel which was built together with "opie-image", did not yet
look if this feature is enabled in this kernel.

Regards, Harald.