[oe] Linux/Opie/Angstroem on Fujitsu Siemens Loox 420

harald ba0547 at bnv-bamberg.de
Tue Mar 17 22:03:12 UTC 2009

Am Mittwoch, den 04.03.2009, 18:25 +0100 schrieb Michael 'Mickey' Lauer:
> Am Mittwoch, den 04.03.2009, 16:02 +0100 schrieb harald:
> > managed to build a complete opie-image with
> > openembedded. Read that my Fujitsu Siemens Pocket Loox is very similar
> > to HP Ipaq 4000. So i built system for this machine type. Unfortunately
> > the system does not start througth. It hangs after "freeing init
> > memory:88k", then some lines appear with some bluetooth informations.
> > That's all.
>
> Sounds like an EABI/OABI kernel/userland problem. Make sure your kernel
> contains the ABI support you build userland with.

Hello,

now i have compiled a kernel with EABI/OABI support for my loox. it
workes with all precomiled images from angstrom org or
http://amethyst.openembedded.net/~koen/narcissus/

unfortunately it does not work for any kind of root image i created with
OE. none of those worked yet. i don't think that this is a problem of my
kernel now. the built in kernel of some rootfs images does also not
start and seems to hang with the same message/point.

hope someone will be able to help me.

thanks.