[oe] automatic fsck?

Dmitry Artamonow mad_soft at inbox.ru
Sun Mar 15 20:45:09 UTC 2009

On 13:38 Fri 13 Mar     , JustinLove wrote:

> So far I've figured out:
>
> - fstab has '1' in last column for rootfs
> - Install e2fsprogs-fsck and/or e2fsprogs-e2fsck
> - change ENABLE_ROOTFS_FSCK=yes in /etc/default/rcS
> - Specify "ro" on kernel command line
> - "shutdown -F -r now", but this has no effect, I still get the warning
> message
>
> What am I missing?

If I remember correctly, you also need to specify your fs type (ext3 instead
of auto) and real device (/dev/mmcblk0p2 instead of rootfs) in your
fstab. Maybe that'll help.

In fact there's other problem, and much bigger - by default rootfs
gets mounted with 'defaults' option, and it silently wears your flash,
because 'defaults' imply atime turned on. It may be one of the causes
of FS corruption too. Guess, I'll roll a patch fixing that.

--
Best regards,
Dmitry "MAD" Artamonow