[oe] automatic fsck?

JustinLove justin.love at cesgames.com
Mon Mar 16 19:19:41 UTC 2009

Dmitry Artamonow wrote:
> If I remember correctly, you also need to specify your fs type (ext3 instead
> of auto) and real device (/dev/mmcblk0p2 instead of rootfs) in your
> fstab. Maybe that'll help.

One or both of those was successful.  Guess I was unscientific in applying both
at once ;^)

> In fact there's other problem, and much bigger - by default rootfs
> gets mounted with 'defaults' option, and it silently wears your flash,
> because 'defaults' imply atime turned on. It may be one of the causes
> of FS corruption too. Guess, I'll roll a patch fixing that.

I also added 'noatime' to fstab, but 'mount' does not show noatime set for
either rootfs or /dev/root.

I tried using rootflags=noatime on the kernel command line, but it said it was
an unrecognized mount option, and failed to mount root at all.

--
Justin Love

Creative Electronics & Software
650 Sundown Road