[oe] TARGET_ARCH should be a weak assignment no x86.conf

Jader H. Silva jader at 2mi.com.br
Tue Mar 17 12:52:38 UTC 2009

In conf/machine/x86.conf TARGET_ARCH is assigned as i486:

# i386 doesn't work with NTPL, see
http://ecos.sourceware.org/ml/libc-ports/2006-03/msg00030.html
TARGET_ARCH = "i486"

But according to url page text, it should be i486 or greater, and I
would like to compile my target for i586.

Ideally, it should check for TARGET_ARCH=i386 or TARGET_ARCH= and set
itself to "i486", otherwise leave TARGET_ARCH unmodified, but I don't
know if this is possible.

I'm using a weak assignment to fix it. Patch is attached.

Att.

Jader H. Silva
jader at 2mi.com.br
Depto. de desenvolvimento