[oe] Git SRC_TARBALL_STASH filename

Tom Rini trini at kernel.crashing.org
Wed Mar 18 06:25:09 UTC 2009

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 03:11:15PM +1300, Douglas Royds wrote:
> Tom Rini wrote:
>> On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 05:33:14PM +1300, Douglas Royds wrote:
>>

>>> Working behind a firewall that doesn't allow Git access (except over
>>> http). I've set SRC_TARBALL_STASH so that we only have to download
>>> the  appropriate source tarball (manually) once.
>>>
>>> While building mtd-utils, BitBake is trying to fetch from the tarball stash:
>>>
>>>    http://.../git_git.infradead.org.mtd-utils.git.tar.gz
>>>
>>> Instead of:
>>>
>>>    http://.../git_git.infradead.org.mtd-utils.git_ea429635388f7bb53f62c41ec3d5ccf5fa207370.tar.gz
>>>
>>> The following patch appears to do the job, but I'm not confident this
>>> is  the right fix. I notice that all the other fetchers use
>>> ud.localfile,  which already has the correct filename.
>>>

>> What's going on is that it's trying to fetch the raw git tree stash,
>> rather than the checkout stash, so you need to mirror the other.  OTOH,
>> perhaps it should try first the checkout then the raw?
>>

> I don't have the raw git tree stash (firewall, remember)? Regrettably,
> mtd-utils don't appear to provide HTTP access to their repository - only
> git and ssh - so I don't appear to have any way of getting it.

Right.  What I believe happens is that PREMIRRORS (etc) will work for
git_..GITHASH and SRC_TARBALL_STASH will work for git_...git.tar.gz as
(I believe) mirrors are, even for svn/cvs, the right version but
SRC_TARBALL_STASH will then make the checked-out tarball (ie populate
${DL_DIR}/cvs/pkg../ then make ${DL_DIR}/pkg...tar.gz).  I think :)

--
Tom Rini