[oe] Package Maintenance

Mike (mwester) mwester at dls.net
Tue Mar 24 19:59:03 UTC 2009

Frans Meulenbroeks wrote:
> Disadvantage of a Maintainers file is that it is yet another file to
> update when you create a package (adjacent to the checksums file and
> of course the package recipe). Guess it will be forgotten regularly.
>
> Also I fear we're going to end up with a lot of orphaned packages.

Is lack of a Maintainers file _really_ our problem?

IMO, our current issue is what I would term "Drive-by Commits" (for
example, the past two weekends have seen commits that have introduced
major breakage of some sort where the committer has not been about for
some fairly significant period of time.

I don't think listing a name in a Maintainers file is going to change
anything, frankly.

Mike (mwester)