[oe] Package Maintenance

Chris Larson clarson at kergoth.com
Tue Mar 24 20:01:26 UTC 2009

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 12:51 PM, Tim Ellis <tim at ngndg.com> wrote:
> I am happy with whatever the outcome of this is as long as my packages as
> specified in the MAINTAINERS file end up being maintained by me - we should
> start whatever changes by transferring the information there to wherever it
> is destined to go and then assessing the logs of individual packages imho.
> Once a decision has been made getting devs that are listed there to transfer
> the information would be a good way to see who is active and actually wants
> to maintain their packages.
>
> I don't really have a problem with the way it is at the moment to be honest
> and try to contact people using git log on packages and the MAINTAINERS file
> if I have a need to touch other packages, which isn't really that hard!

I don't think the current method is difficult, persay, but rather I'd
like to see:
- More individual responsibility in the project in general,
particularly in class and recipe maintenance.
- Clearer delineation between what gets the most attention and what does not.
--
Chris Larson
clarson at kergoth dot com