[oe] Strange name for cross binutils binaries

Martin Dietze di at fh-wedel.de
Thu Mar 26 00:59:30 UTC 2009

On Tue, March 24, 2009, Khem Raj wrote:

> Well nylon distro is using quite old tools and I dont think anybody
> has been using
> gcc 3.3 binutils 2.14 and glibc 2.3.3 combo.

It seems like I found the culprit; in binutils 2.14 there is a
double --program-prefix=.... argument in the configure options.
This resulted in two consecutive sed substitutions for the
executable program's prefixes.
I call this a bug regardless how old version 2.14 is. Actually,
binutils have always had target-arch-related issues, I thus do
not like the idea of upgrading just because the recipes are
broken.

I hope I can come up with a set of patches soon.

Cheers,

Martin

--
----------- / http://herbert.the-little-red-haired-girl.org / -------------