[oe] [RFC] rw for Lynn Lin

Philip Balister philip at balister.org
Sun May 17 13:58:19 UTC 2009

Rolf Leggewie wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I went through the bugtracker again and there as many open bugs with
> patches as ever :-(  One name that I ran across frequently for providing
> many patches was that of Lynn Lin.  I wonder if it isn't time to grant
> rw access.  Contributions in the bug tracker are at
> http://tinyurl.com/qwd94k

Sadly, lots of us just do not have time to sort through the bug tracker.
Eventually, we need to decide what to do with the bug tracker. I've
almost convinced myself that bug tracking is the job of the distro
maintainers and each distro should develop there own process to collect
user issues.

> Everybody, please go to http://tinyurl.com/pb9ftf from time to time and
> see if there isn't something you want to commit.  That search result is
> also linked from http://bugs.openembedded.net -> "Open tickets with
> patches" link

We do seem to do a much better job with patches sent to this list. The
patches are tracked at:

http://patchwork.openembedded.org/project/openembedded/list/

Patches that can be appliaed via git-am will get processed the fastest.

Philip

PS: I know this is getting posted twice ... I am checking the both
lists.oe.org and oe.org and receiving email.