[oe] [RFC] nuke dpkg prior to 1.14.25 in org.oe.dev branch

Philip Balister philip at balister.org
Sun May 17 21:13:49 UTC 2009

Rolf Leggewie wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we have a number of bb recipes for very old dpkg versions.  According to
> bug 5026 even the second most recent version in OE has been removed from
> the mirrors for quite a while now.  I don't see any value in bb files
> that aren't even fetchable and thus suggest to drop all but the most
> recent dpkg recipe which in this case is 1.14.25.

Not commenting directly on the delete issue, but remember distros the
generate binary products do need to keep source tarballs for packages
they deliver in binary form to satisfy GPL requirements.

So just because a recipe is not buildable today, does not mean that it
is unbuildable with the correct distro config and may be needed to help
meet GPL requirements.

(Note I do not know what the dpkg license is)

Philip