[oe] [RFC] renaming packages/ to recipes/

Rolf Leggewie no2spam at nospam.arcornews.de
Sun May 17 23:35:07 UTC 2009

Marcin Juszkiewicz wrote:
> My addition to this:
>
> mkdir recipes-broken
> git add  recipes-broken
> git mv recipes/obsolete recipes-broken/obsolete
> git mv recipes/nonworking recipes-broken/nonworking
>
> As this will allow users to set:
>
> BBFILES = "/somewhere/oe/recipes/"
>
> which is supported by BitBake for years.

I'd like to revisit this suggestion from Marcin which came up during the
discussion of the packages->recipes renaming.  I think the above makes
sense and should be committed.  I think it would be nice if the folder
was named broken-recipes instead of recipes-broken.  First of all, it
sounds nicer IMHO ;-) but more importantly, this works better with
bash-completion.

Reopening discussion for this change.