[oe] [oe-commits] Roman I Khimov : (e) glibc-package: fix kernel version passed to qemu

Peter Chubb peter.chubb at nicta.com.au
Mon May 18 23:10:28 UTC 2009

>>>>> "Phil" == Phil Blundell <philb at gnu.org> writes:

Phil> On Mon, 2009-05-18 at 23:54 +0400, Roman I Khimov wrote:

Phil> What is your objection to just selecting the highest kernel
Phil> version that qemu supports for the target architecture?  That
Phil> seems like an easy fix and one that makes this whole problem go
Phil> away without requiring either any extra variables or any
Phil> semantic changes to existing variables.

That doesn't make sense for our case.  We're using openembedded to
generate a rootfs for an embedded virtual environment whose Linux
kernel is currently at 2.6.10.  Glibcs built for later kernels will
not run on this (because of the changes for handling
thread-local-storage introduced in the 2.6.11--2.6.12 timeframe)

--
Dr Peter Chubb  http://www.gelato.unsw.edu.au  peterc AT gelato.unsw.edu.au
http://www.ertos.nicta.com.au           ERTOS within National ICT Australia