[oe] How to use the native package?

代尔欣 daierxin at gmail.com
Wed May 20 06:59:29 UTC 2009

Hi all,
     Is it the right place to ask? I have a question about the OE compile.
Hope I can tell you the case clearly.
I have a package. Let's say it "mypackage". The compile process is:

When make "mypackage", it will generate a intermedia tool. Let's call it
mytools.bin through Makefile.

%.c: %.tmp
    ./mytools.bin $< > $@

Then it will use mytools.bin generate some c files.  Using those generated c
files compile out  the final bin file.

"./mytools.bin" is reasonable. Because mytools.bin is generated by the
source codes locally.  But  in OE, a target version compiled, and can't run
on host machine.

>From above process, mypackage depends on mypackage-native. I can write a
mypackage-native.bb and generate the mytools.bin and place it into staging
folder. mytools.bin can run on my host machine but how can I use it when
compile mypackage.bb? Note the Makefile is using "./mytools.bin", it always
look for the current folder one.

I can hack to use native mytools.bin. I want to know the normal way in OE
treat this case.

Thanks!