[oe] How to use the native package?

Roman I Khimov khimov at altell.ru
Wed May 20 08:18:42 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 20 May 2009 10:59:29 代尔欣 wrote:
> I can hack to use native mytools.bin. I want to know the normal way in OE
> treat this case.

It's a package bug in first place. There is quite a number of packages in OE
that build some temporary (not included in installation) tools in process and
use them for some purposes. But if the package is done properly, that tools
are never compiled by cross-compiler. So, IMHO, this should be fixed in
package. And how to do that depends on package build system, of course. If
that's some custom make, then BUILD_CC should be your friend, I guess.