[oe] amend-recipes.inc

Michael Smith msmith at cbnco.com
Fri May 22 20:35:53 UTC 2009

Hi Chris,

This works for me. I can put multiple recipes dirs in my COLLECTIONS,
set FILESPATHBASE to reference them all, and create a busybox/amend.inc
under any of my COLLECTIONS dirs.

There is something strange going on: when I require amend-recipes.inc in
my distro config, and the cache is rebuilt, I see deprecation warnings
about base_set_filespath that weren't printing before. If I comment out
the require line and let bb rebuild the cache, the warnings go away.

About 45 recipes are using base_set_filespath, including glibc,
e2fsprogs-native, and many others. I don't see why the warnings don't
show up normally if amend-recipes is not included. It looks to me like
they would always print, but they don't.

My FILESPATHBASE is set to:

FILESPATHBASE =. "${@ \
         ':'.join([os.path.join(recipedir, \
                         os.path.basename(os.path.dirname( \
                                                 d.getVar('FILE', 1))))
\                for recipedir in d.getVar('COLLECTIONS', 1).split()])}:"

and COLLECTIONS is just a list of a few recipes directories, with
oe/recipes last.

Mike