[oe] console-image trying to build X?

Lucian Ion luciani at microsol.ie
Thu May 28 12:06:56 UTC 2009

Hi Peter,

I had the same problem after updating today.

I've removed the files 'xproto_7.0.15.bb' 'xproto-native_7.0.15.bb' 'xproto-sdk_7.0.15.bb' from
~/stuff/openembedded/recipes/xorg-proto

Then bitbake console-mage completed succesfully.

MACHINE = "qemuarm"
I've moved files to a ex3 file system

qemu-img create -fraw hda.img 160M
mkfs.ext3 hda.img
sudo losetup /dev/loop0 hda.img
sudo mount /dev/loop0 /mnt/jffs2
cd /mnt/jffs2/
sudo tar -xf ~/stuff/tmp/deploy/glibc/images/qemuarm/Angstrom-console-image-glibc-ipk-2009.X-test-20090528-qemuarm.rootfs.tar
cd ~/.qemu
sudo umount /mnt/jffs2
sudo losetup -d /dev/loop0

start:
qemu-system-arm  -M versatilepb -show-cursor -m 64 -kernel zImage-2.6.25+2.6.26-rc4-r6-qemuarm.bin -drive file=hda.img -append "root=/dev/sda"

The boot freeze. The last message:

Thu May 28 12:53:00 UTC 2009
hwclock: can't open '/dev/misc/rtc': No such file or directory

Anyone managed to start this image on qemu?
Do I need to use the buid qemu or the one from ubuntu distro will do?

Regards,
Lucian Ion
Software Engineer
Microsol Ltd.