[oe] Kernel recipes with broken PRs now

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Sat May 30 22:16:29 UTC 2009

Hello Tom,

On Sat, May 30, 2009 at 6:33 PM, Tom Rini <trini at embeddedalley.com> wrote:
[...]
> Every machine might be able to make use of it, if it either depends on
> unstable / in development programs or modules, OR it can use some
> external kernel module (IMHO the right answer for this is versioned
> dependancies, having the PR be increasing from 2.6.29 to 2.6.30 is
> different than normal behavior).  This isn't always going to be an
> option.

I agree that a versioned dependency would be the optimal solution for
it, even better would be if we could use ABI versions for those
depends (somewhat as done for X packages in Debian) however AFAIK
bitbake doesn't support it yet, does it?

--
Otavio Salvador                  O.S. Systems
Mobile: +55 53 9981-7854         http://projetos.ossystems.com.br