[oe] Checksums.ini sorting and updating

Koen Kooi k.kooi at student.utwente.nl
Sun Nov 8 09:36:09 UTC 2009

Hi,

When adding a new recipe I do:

cd $TMPDIR
cat /OE/org.openembedded.dev/conf/checksums.ini >> checksums.ini  ;
python
/OE/org.openembedded.dev/contrib/source-checker/oe-checksums-sorter.py
checksums.ini > /OE/org.openembedded.dev/conf/checksums.ini

Then, when possible, I match the new entries in conf/checksums.ini to
the sums upstream publishes. After that I will try to build the recipe
and if successfull commit it.

Sometimes I encounter what look like spurious changes in 'git diff
conf/checksums.ini' which are caused by:

1) pre-coffee manual additions that are in the wrong place and get resorted
2) people having deleted(!) checksums that repear due to being in my
TMPDIR checksum cache

Now 1) can be solved by running a script like the one I mentioned above,
but 2) needs an attitude adjustment. OE is not wikipedia where recipes
get deleted because a single person thinks no-one is using them. We have
lots of people using external overlays for various recipes and deleting
things from checksums.ini will only make their life harder.

So, please stop deleting checksums and start using a more automated way
to update checksums.ini :)

regards,

Koen