[oe] Checksums.ini sorting and updating

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Sun Nov 8 13:31:37 UTC 2009

Hello,

On Sun, Nov 8, 2009 at 7:36 AM, Koen Kooi <k.kooi at student.utwente.nl> wrote:
> Now 1) can be solved by running a script like the one I mentioned above, but
> 2) needs an attitude adjustment. OE is not wikipedia where recipes get
> deleted because a single person thinks no-one is using them. We have lots of
> people using external overlays for various recipes and deleting things from
> checksums.ini will only make their life harder.
>
> So, please stop deleting checksums and start using a more automated way to
> update checksums.ini :)

While I agree that we shouldn't remove recipes just for fun I also
believe we ought to ignore overlays out there since if they wait to
use a stable codebase, there's a stable branch available for it.
Another thing is that I disagree about keeping it growing. IMO
checksums.ini ought to reflect what is in current metadata and not
all versions that has existed on it.

If someone uses it in a overlay he/she can keep a specific
checksums.ini for it as well.

--
Otavio Salvador                  O.S. Systems
Mobile: +55 53 9981-7854         http://projetos.ossystems.com.br