[oe] OEDEM: Summary of 'OE and Poky', 'Hosting', 'Bugtracker'

Stefan Schmidt stefan at datenfreihafen.org
Tue Nov 10 13:27:56 UTC 2009

Hello.

On Tue, 2009-11-10 at 14:07, Michael 'Mickey' Lauer wrote:

> We will do changes on the git layout, e.g. org.oe.dev is becoming
> 'master'
> and user branches will live in a seperate repository.

While I can understand the former I can't see the reason for the later. Can you
explain why that was decided?

For me user and other topic branches worked well on the main repository. The
only issue I have is the flood of commits on the commit ml when a branch gets
rebased, but that is something that a filter in the commit mail hook should be
able to solve.

regards
Stefan Schmidt