[oe] OEDEM: Summary of 'OE and Poky', 'Hosting', 'Bugtracker'

Esben Haabendal esbenhaabendal at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 15:06:50 UTC 2009

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 3:38 PM, Otavio Salvador
<otavio at ossystems.com.br> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 11:27 AM, Stefan Schmidt
> <stefan at datenfreihafen.org> wrote:
>> For me user and other topic branches worked well on the main repository. The
>> only issue I have is the flood of commits on the commit ml when a branch gets
>> rebased, but that is something that a filter in the commit mail hook should be
>> able to solve.
>
> In fact I believe that the best option would be to have individual
> trees at the server as is done at git.kernel.org so people can work at
> their individual tree and ask for pull or review. That avoids non-used
> branches at the main repository.
>
> My 2c.

I agree 100% with you on that.  I don't see any advantage of trying to
stuff so much into common repositories. It just increases the
time/bandwidth needed by git fetch.  Nobody uses all branches anyway.

So I will throw 2c into that bucket as well :-)

/Esben