[oe] Fwd: OEDEM: Summary of 'OE and Poky', 'Hosting', 'Bugtracker'

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Tue Nov 10 17:19:05 UTC 2009

Hello,

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 1:52 PM, Michael 'Mickey' Lauer
<mickey at vanille-media.de> wrote:
> Sorry, this might have been unclear on my part, it's just different
> projects on the same repository, not different repositories. We'd like
> to and recommend OE developers to host their branch in a 'contrib'
> project on git.oe.org.

I see no point in having a contrib tree with many users on it; I much
prefer to have a by-user tree and then allowing them to do whatever
they want on this tree.

If someone needs to contribute on a tree, he can fork it and make it
available for pulling. This is the easiest way of starting to  "train"
people to get used to the pull-model.

A simple solution might be to use gitorious for oe as being done in
qt; that avoids the admin hassle and provides more user friendly
interface for it.

--
Otavio Salvador                  O.S. Systems
Mobile: +55 53 9981-7854         http://projetos.ossystems.com.br