[oe] Mailing lists

Phil Blundell philb at gnu.org
Wed Nov 11 17:30:36 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-11-11 at 11:16 -0500, Denys Dmytriyenko wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 11:37:18AM -0500, Philip Balister wrote:
> >>
> >> Ah, nice! Thanks. Have you added rewrite rules in exim to avoid
> >> duplication of
> >> mails sent to lists.oe.org vs oe.org? Let me try it with this email... :)
> >
> > It will take some time for this to take effect and for us to fix anything
> > that needs fixing :)
> >
> > I still do not see the DNS change. Dotster is low to copy updates made on
> > their website to actual DNS.
>
> DNS seems to work fine, but it still takes hours to bounce an email...

This particular mail of yours was delayed for an hour due to
greylisting; this happens the first time you try to send mail to the
list from a particular host (vms173001.mailsrvcs.net in this case).  I
haven't seen any instances recently of mail taking any more than that,
and for folks who aren't greylisted it should only be a minute or two.

If you are routinely seeing round-trip times of "hours", please send me
a copy of the headers for one of the offending messages and I will take
a look at it.

p.