[oe] Blackfin toolchain question

Dmitry Eremin-Solenikov dbaryshkov at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 22:27:26 UTC 2009

Hello,

I'm currently trying to restore/update blackfin toolchain. One of the major problems I've stumbled upon
are versioned scripts/export symbols. Basically there are lot's of software starting from g++ itself
that have symbol versioning scripts. The problem is that blackfin arch prepends all symbols with underscore,
thus breaking all that scripts.

My first intention was to follow the alsa-libs approach: handle all prefixing on package-per-package basis.
However that would be a nigtmare.

My current intention (that at least partially works) is to make libtool (when it's used) generate correct
versioning scripts and resort to package-per-package updating after that.

The problem comes from C++ world, where versioning script can contain unmangled name, but it's demangled
name that should be prefixed with underscore.

So I have a bit hackish idea: maybe it's better to hack ld to accept scripts w/o underscores and prefix all
symbols with it? This will eliminate most of changes. The question is if this patch is acceptable for OE?
Does this approach sound too hackish?

--
With best wishes
Dmitry