[oe] meta-toolchain continues to woe

Holger Hans Peter Freyther holger+oe at freyther.de
Thu Nov 12 12:28:19 UTC 2009

On Thursday 12 November 2009 13:09:20 Richard Purdie wrote:

> I think regardless of how we did this there would be some bumps. It was
> on a branch for a week and it was obvious nobody was testing it expect
> me. Getting on and doing it and dealing with problems quickly seemed
> like the best approach and was what we agreed at OEDEM.

You are right, I was simply not aware that you have posted a branch for
review. So thank you for the changes and thank you for being stand bye
to address these. Who ever is going to be in the TSC I would greatly
appreciate if we can formalize our process for updating the core
infrastructure.

E.g.

1.) Do the changes in a branch
2.) Mail that the branch will be merged (top level posting, [MERGE] in the
subject)
2.1) Get feedback from testers
3.) Merge core changes on a "core-merge" day...

> For this specific issue, I've pushed some fixes for meta-toolchain, let
> me know if there are any further problems. My test build completed
> locally (bitbake meta-toolchain).

Thanks a lot! It is greatly appreciated.