[oe] meta-toolchain continues to woe

Richard Purdie rpurdie at rpsys.net
Thu Nov 12 12:09:20 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-11-12 at 06:11 +0100, Holger Hans Peter Freyther wrote:
> On Thursday 12 November 2009 05:49:11 Holger Hans Peter Freyther wrote:
>
> > The test case is really simple and I will repeat it here:
> >
> > 	bitbake -c populate_sdk -b meta-toolchain.bb
>

> bisect shows me:
> 	bea72c2fecde175add169bb55df1922b048030c8
>

> IMHO the pace of the recent classes/ change was way too high, a branch and
> some builds would have been a lot better (no critics on the changes
> themselves). I'm about to write a simple meta-toolchain checker and plan to
> run it once a a week.... or if someone has a spare machine I would run this
> test there with every day..

I think regardless of how we did this there would be some bumps. It was
on a branch for a week and it was obvious nobody was testing it expect
me. Getting on and doing it and dealing with problems quickly seemed
like the best approach and was what we agreed at OEDEM.

For this specific issue, I've pushed some fixes for meta-toolchain, let
me know if there are any further problems. My test build completed
locally (bitbake meta-toolchain).

Cheers,

Richard