[oe] initramfs dependency loop

pieterg pieterg at gmx.com
Thu Nov 12 14:20:18 UTC 2009

I'm using an initramfs image, based on klibc.
klibc depends on virtual/kernel, so my kernel is built before the initramfs
image completes.
I then force the kernel to be rebuilt (with initfamfs.cpio.gz included),
before I start building the actual production image (which has the kernel
image included).

This works of course, but it's not very nice.

Now I'm wondering, what is the official way to deal with this initramfs /
klibc / kernel dependency loop, how do you guys deal with that?

Rgds, Pieter