[oe] how to remove all traces of a previous package build?

Michael Smith msmith at cbnco.com
Fri Nov 13 12:00:54 UTC 2009

On Fri, 13 Nov 2009, Richard Purdie wrote:

> On Fri, 2009-11-13 at 05:56 -0500, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> > surely a dumb question, but what's the recipe for deleting every
> > trace of a single previous package build, so i know i'm rebuilding it
> > absolutely from step one?  i'll use that to test a rebuild of the
> > packages that are failing for me.
>
> bitbake X -c clean

Then remove all packages under tmp/deploy; also tmp/pkgdata/*/X and
tmp/pkgdata/*/runtime/X*; and tmp/staging/*/*/shlibs/X*. Otherwise you may
get problems if you've switched PACKAGE_ARCH in a recipe, or switched
between packages that provide the same shared library.

I don't think there's a way to remove files from the staging directory.
Maybe with packaged staging?

Mike