[oe] OEDEM 2009 summary: Package management

Florian Boor florian.boor at kernelconcepts.de
Mon Nov 16 10:57:08 UTC 2009

Hi,

Phil Blundell schrieb:
> PB: opkg generally performs OK within its own "comfort envelope".  Main
> triggers for badness seem to be online upgrades, and the requirement to
> make a decision between two alternatives.  If you stay away from those
> things and use opkg only for image construction then it is not so bad.

I have not tried much online upgrades for some time but I ran into package
selection issues lately. We always suffered from the problem that opkg failed
with an error message if the same package was available with two different
architectures... but this is fixed upstream now.

greetings

Florian

--
The dream of yesterday                  Florian Boor
is the hope of today                    Tel: +49 271-771091-15
[Robert Hutchings Goddard, 1904]        florian.boor at kernelconcepts.de
                                        http://www.kernelconcepts.de/en