[oe] SRCPV migration

Koen Kooi k.kooi at student.utwente.nl
Mon Nov 16 12:10:17 UTC 2009

On 16-11-09 12:39, Richard Purdie wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-11-16 at 11:59 +0100, Koen Kooi wrote:
>>>
>>> How is this different to the current situation though?
>>
>> In the current situation (actually, last weeks situation) SRCPV was
>> never used.
>>
>>> If SRCREV is locked down you will get 1 as the local build revision back
>>> and it will not change and will be the same for everyone.
>>
>>> If its not locked down, all bets are off but they always have been - no
>>> change.
>>
>> Ah, that was the bit of info I was missing. But if SRCREV is locked down
>> (as it should!) what's the point of putting SRCPV in PV or PR? It seems
>> to make things worse if you update a locked SRCREV, since SRCPV will
>> remain '1'.
>
> How does Angstrom currently solve this problem? You bump the SRCREV and
> override PV manually?

With 'angstrom' you mean 'oe', right? If a SRCREV gets updated the
person doing that checks if PV or PR need to get changed to make it sort
higher (or lower, depending on the change). I don't see how SRCPV will
make life or less error-prone. By the looks of it it only makes things
worse.

regards,

Koen