[oe] SRCPV migration

Richard Purdie rpurdie at rpsys.net
Mon Nov 16 12:37:02 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-11-16 at 13:10 +0100, Koen Kooi wrote:
> > How does Angstrom currently solve this problem? You bump the SRCREV
> > and override PV manually?
>
> With 'angstrom' you mean 'oe', right? If a SRCREV gets updated the
> person doing that checks if PV or PR need to get changed to make it sort
> higher (or lower, depending on the change). I don't see how SRCPV will
> make life or less error-prone. By the looks of it it only makes things
> worse.

I meant Angstrom which looks like it relies on anyone doing the updating
to OE in general to get this right :/. As I'm sure you're aware this is
less than ideal.

You have a point in that we can't lock down the local build revisions
and this causes a problem with the distributed nature of Angstrom's
builds.

I think we will have to hold off some of the SRCPV migration until
bitbake has some kind of lock down functionality for the local build
numbers. Any volunteers to write a patch?

Note that converting svn recipes can go ahead as they don't need local
build revisions, its mainly the distributed SCMS that have a problem
(e.g. git/hg).

Cheers,

Richard