[oe] RFC: Geode machines support changes

Marcin Juszkiewicz marcin at juszkiewicz.com.pl
Tue Nov 17 14:02:39 UTC 2009

Dnia wtorek, 17 listopada 2009 o 13:37:17 Marcin Juszkiewicz napisał(a):

> GeodeLX processor is i586 class. Has MMX, 3Dnow and few other flags from
>  that family. We treat it as i486 anyway as someone noted that they are
>  faster that way.
>
> I would like to do few changes:
>
> 1. drop "geodelx" kernel and machine config.
> 2. rename "alix" to "geodelx" and use Alix defconfig
> 3. move all target related flags from machine configs to tune-geode.inc
>    - TARGET_ARCH
>    - glibc tune (GLIBC_ADDONS, GLIBC_EXTRA_OECONF)
  4. move "geodegx" to linux-2.6.31 with copy of "iei-nanogx-466" defconfig

> Then we can consider changing TARGET_ARCH to i586 for Geode machines.

I found one problem with it. Currently we have some geode machines as i586 and
some as i486 but packages are generated with "geode" arch each time. Same for
tmp/cross/ dir etc. So we will need to decide for all devices at once.

Regards,
JID:      hrw at jabber.org
Website:  http://marcin.juszkiewicz.com.pl/
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/marcinjuszkiewicz