[oe] [RFC] Merging of stable/2009 into dev

Koen Kooi k.kooi at student.utwente.nl
Thu Nov 19 12:28:39 UTC 2009

On 18-11-09 21:11, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've been thinking about how difficult will be when we start stable/2010.
>
>  From my POV the best alternative is, before we start changing a lot of
> stuff in dev we do a merge of stable/2009 into dev to allow easy
> merging from outside "forks" made by users.

What would be the point of that? Stable/2009 only received changes that
were already in .dev. If there are differences then that's due to
needing to account for differences in classes, config files and old(er)
bitbake releases.

It bothers me that everybody seems to have an opinion of stable/2009 but
only very few people actually contribute to it. The OP is a great
example of people not knowing what they are talking about. I can only
imagine the amount of headdesks Marcin did at OEDEM when reading the
hilarious summary of the stable branch discussion.

regards,

Koen