[oe] [RFC] Merging of stable/2009 into dev

Richard Purdie rpurdie at rpsys.net
Thu Nov 19 14:34:38 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-11-19 at 12:01 -0200, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 11:56 AM, Richard Purdie <rpurdie at rpsys.net> wrote:
> > I think you actually want to do something like:
> >
> > git-merge --strategy=ours
> >
> > which should leave OE.dev unchanged.
> >
> > Does that actually help though?
>
> No since it would lose any specific commit done for local development.

So you have commits against OE.stable 2009 that you want to preserve.
How picky are you about your history?

If you rebase your local changes against OE.stable 2009, then do the
above git merge against OE.dev, then rebase your changes against that,
you might get something meaningful out.

Alternatively you could just diff your changes against OE.stable 2009
and then forward port and apply that diff against OE.stable 2010.

It really depends what you value. You may just have to do a painful
merge if thats what you really want...

Cheers,

Richard