[oe] [RFC] Merging of stable/2009 into dev

Phil Blundell philb at gnu.org
Thu Nov 19 13:52:42 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-11-19 at 11:42 -0200, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> Ok but what is the planned migration path from users that used
> stable/2009 to stable/2010?
>
> I mean, when we start stable/2010 we expect that users that based
> their distros in stable/2009 need to redo all work to move to
> stable/2010? If we merge stable/2009 into .dev then this is going to
> be much easier.

I am still struggling to understand what you mean by "merge stable/2009
into .dev".  Can you please explain what exactly you think the result of
this merge would look like?  Maybe you could pick a couple of sample
packages and give a concrete description of how the merged version would
differ from what is currently in .dev.

p.