[oe] [RFC] Merging of stable/2009 into dev

Richard Purdie rpurdie at rpsys.net
Thu Nov 19 15:06:58 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-11-19 at 09:43 -0500, Philip Balister wrote:
> Basically, the users define a release. From the discussion at OEDEM it
> is clear that there groups of people with similar (but very different
> needs).
>
> I don't see a problem with groups of people getting together and
> defining a workflow for a branch they maintain. There is more than one
> right way to do this.

Totally agreed. The people who want to make a given branch happen just
need to step up, agree an objective for the branch (preferably a
documented one) and then go for it.

The problem is there are many definitions of "stable" from "massive
security fixes only" to "everything in .dev after two weeks and nobody's
noticed a problem".

Cheers,

Richard