[oe] FYI, non-fatal fetch errors for ffmpeg

Holger Hans Peter Freyther holger+oe at freyther.de
Fri Nov 20 09:40:17 UTC 2009

On Friday 20 November 2009 10:20:25 Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>   obviously, the fetch of ffmpeg eventually works, but any value in
> cleaning up the initial fetch errors?

This is normal operation. The reasoning is that we want to be good to the
upstream infrastructure and don't want all OE users hammer on the SCM Servers
of the upstream project to checkout a static tarball.

This is why OE tries to download a snapshot from a tarball stash, in your case
two have been tried and then it falls back to the SCM of the upstream
directly.

Now one can argue that another output on the console would be nice... but so
far no one has been bothered enough to do it. Help is greatly appreciated and
I can point you to the places in bitbake and classes/base.bbclass.

possible output

Trying to find tarball for ffmpeg revision XYZ:
    ... trying www.foo-mirror.org/... FAIL
   .... trying wwww.bla-mirror.org/ ... FAIL

Couldn't find a tarball for ffmpeg revision XYZ, checking it out..

wget starts