[oe] FYI, non-fatal fetch errors for ffmpeg

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Fri Nov 20 09:55:44 UTC 2009

On Fri, 20 Nov 2009, Holger Hans Peter Freyther wrote:

> On Friday 20 November 2009 10:20:25 Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>
> >   obviously, the fetch of ffmpeg eventually works, but any value
> > in cleaning up the initial fetch errors?
>
> This is normal operation. The reasoning is that we want to be good
> to the upstream infrastructure and don't want all OE users hammer on
> the SCM Servers of the upstream project to checkout a static
> tarball.
>
> This is why OE tries to download a snapshot from a tarball stash, in
> your case two have been tried and then it falls back to the SCM of
> the upstream directly.

  i suspected it was something like that, i just wasn't sure whether,
*eventually*, tarballs are uploaded to satisfy those first attempts.
in any event, it clearly didn't stop the build.

rday

p.s.  "NOTE: Running task 6568 of 10078 ..." on my way to
beagleboard-demo-image -- so far, so good.  and guile-native has long
since been built.  yippee.  thanks for your patience.