[oe] Error building opie-image

David Lanzendörfer david.lanzendoerfer at o2s.ch
Fri Nov 20 19:55:05 UTC 2009

>Some weeks ago I bought a MINI2440 target
>(http://www.friendlyarm.net/products/mini2440) and I tried to build an
>opie image for this target. I built the image about 20 october
>following the openembedded manual and it ran, but now I'm
>trying it again and I obtain a compilation error.
Very possible. The build depencies are changing dynamically and you recieve
build errors nearly every 2hours.
So the best way is either to track the errors down or just wait until someone
has fixed it. So hold on 1-2h, make a new git pull and try again, hopefully it
works again then.

>I've been looking for that in google and forums but I didn't find why this
>fail. I think it's a bug into a package source, but I'm not sure.
One point is, that opie has gotten very difficult to keep it building/running
with never libs because Trolltech belongs now to Nokia and all the development
gets invested into qt4.6
Opie with its qtopia underlay stumbles behind.
But no fear. Just try it again with update, perhaps it works now.
Its like Schroedingers cat, you never know if it builds or not until you try.

>thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english :-S
No problem. Its not worse then mine ;-)

leviathan