[oe] SRCPV migration - How SRCPV works!

Koen Kooi k.kooi at student.utwente.nl
Mon Nov 23 13:31:20 UTC 2009

On 23-11-09 13:15, Richard Purdie wrote:

> As I understand it you'll lock locking down the local build revisions
> with Angstrom anyway?

Dunno about that, ideally the SRCPV merge should have no impact at all
on existing distros, but it looks like everyone will be forced to lock
revisions/counts down.
If there is a way to convert the database to a .inc file then we'd be a
step closer to coordinating counts between buildhosts (or rebuilds from
scratch).
Currently the SRCPV looks like a major step backwards to the current
situation unless you are on a single buildhost *and* never delete TMPDIR
*and* use AUTOREV *and* care about upgrade paths.

It would be a lot better if bitbake could just do the revlog | wc -l
trick after do_fetch has run. Or at least use that as localcount if a
snapshot exists in TMPDIR during parsing.

regards,

Koen